×

Yes, you can go solar.

Support solar power with your power bill. Every month. No cost to join.

Only 11% of the Maryland power grid is clean energy. But when you join a local solar project, your power bill puts solar on the grid—and you help create a 100% clean energy future.

Go solar and get $75 Watch the video

Join these members in driving change.

I was looking into solar panels but was concerned, as a renter, what my landlord would say. As soon as I learned about Arcadia, I knew that this was going to be the easiest clean energy option for me.
Georgia
Arcadia is a way to show up for a value of mine, which is to support alternative energy systems. It is a small part of what I can do to do better by my community, which feels really good.
Colorado
Signing up for Arcadia was super easy — I was able to join a community solar project in my state in just one click. Plus, it’s really easy to use, and it’s clear for me as a consumer to understand what is going on.
Rhode Island

How it works, and saves you a little money

Arcadia is for anyone who wants clean energy at home and more solar on the local grid for everyone. It’s for renters and homeowners alike, whether you use a little electricity or a lot, with nothing to install or change about how much electricity you use or how you use it. There’s no cost to join.

  1. Sign up.

    When you sign up and connect your utility account, you join a share of a community solar project — a group of panels on farms, rooftops, and other large, open spaces. We'll use your historical energy use to allocate your share of the project. There's no cost to join.
  2. Say hello to clean.

    Your home’s electricity usage will now be covered with verified clean energy (via renewable energy certificates) from wind farms, while more solar energy gets added to your local grid for everyone. So every time you pay your electricity bill, you’re deciding what your dollars support.
  3. Save some money.

    Once your project’s built, your utility company will pay for the solar energy your share produces. You’ll keep 5% of it, and the other 95% goes directly back to the solar developers to keep their projects going.
  4. Save Maryland from old energy sources.

    You’re doing your part to save Maryland from old, dirty energy. Homes here are 89% powered by old school sources like coal and gas — every single month.

With Arcadia, get clean energy with:

  • Nothing to install
  • No interruption in service
  • The same electricity company
  • The same electricity quality
  • Zero credit card fees
  • No-fuss cancellation any time
  • Dashboard to see your impact
  • Dedicated customer service

Projects being developed right now.

See the projects that are going to change Maryland’s grid by replacing dirty energy with solar energy.

Hanover Pike
Upperco, MD
The Hanover Pike project located in Upperco, MD is expected to produce about 3,368,871 kWh a year, serving 403 homes. That’s enough clean energy to drive 5,910,488 miles without a drop of fossil fuel.
Friendsville
Friendsville, MD
The Friendsville project located in Friendsville, MD is expected to produce about 4,246,690 kWh a year, serving 508 homes. That’s enough clean energy to drive 7,450,570 miles without a drop of fossil fuel.
Upper Marlboro I
Upper Marlboro, MD
The Upper Marlboro I project located in Upper Marlboro, MD is expected to produce about 3,622,908 kWh a year, serving 434 homes. That’s enough clean energy to drive 6,356,181 miles without a drop of fossil fuel.
Gibbons
Snow Hill, MD
The Gibbons project located in Snow Hill, MD is expected to produce about 4,036,574 kWh a year, serving 483 homes. That’s enough clean energy to drive 7,081,934 miles without a drop of fossil fuel.

Only 11% of the electricity you use is clean.

Join Arcadia to get 100% clean energy for your home and put good solar energy on your city’s power grid.

Sources

  1. Percent of power grid clean and non-renewable is from EPA’s Emission & Generation Resource Integrated Database - as per EGRID 2018 summary (epa.gov/egrid/egrid-summary-tables)
  2. Pounds of coal equal to average home’s power usage is from EPA’s carbon equivalency calculator (914 kWh/month average) (epa.gov/energy/greenhouse-gas-equivalencies-calculator)
×